Sunday, March 1, 2009

Ahmed's Disability

I think that Ahmed is being treated very poorly because of his disability. He does have feelings and what peoople are saying to him and how people are treating him are probably making him upset. I think the main equity problem is people being prejudice against people with disabilities. This is a problem because some people think that just because they do have mental issues, they treat them like they don't understand english or like they can't hear. Sometimes they trat them the way they do because they figure that they can't do anything about it.

Different people have differen't ways of reacting to this. Some people may feel sympathy for him and try to do something about it. Others might join the person that is making fun of him and won't care about how Ahmed feels about them "bagging" on him. At an individual level, someone can help by confronting the bully or the person who started this. At a school level we could try to raise money to put and start a program to help people with disabilities. They could be able to talk about their problems or if they need help with the work they get in class like Ahmed, a teacher can help him with it. Ahmed can go to a guidence counsell0r for help or go to the principal to tell the person that the teacher is not giving him enough time to get stuff done.

I think that this situation can be prevented. We can make this happen by making the new program for people with disabilities like I mentioned. People that have heard what was happened can tell a teacher who is saying what and make sure that they never do it again.

If I were Ahmed, I would go to guidence and tell them what's going on. If I knew what my friend were saying about Ahmed, I would try to talk to him and tell him that what he's saying isn't right and to apologize. About the teacher, I would talk to them and explain that Ahmed isn't like the rest of us and that he needs time to get stuff done. Hopefully, people will listen to me and realize that being prjudced is wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment