Saturday, March 7, 2009

Case Study: Ahmed Disability

Ahmed's disability is nothing to make fun of. Even if he is slow in doing things that other students are doing, he is still trying and I feel he needs help. I don't think the people that bullied him didn't have an understanding of how hard it was to work as quickly as the others. They are not showing respect for Ahmed and making him feel bad. I would say the equity shown here is discrimination and prejudice against handicap and disabled people.

The friend should not be putting down Ahmed for his disability. They should of encouraged him more, he would have had more confident in himself. Discrimination against disabled and handicapped people is a very serious issue. There are still some disabled people who can do the same as what regular people can do, even more. Most people in the world don't discriminate handicap or disabled people as much, because they now there situation and they know they can't do some things like they can do in life.

I think a way of helping Ahmed be a more confident person of himself is buy encouraging him alot. I would encourage him as much as I can and tell him not everyone is perfect and everbody is born with a problem, even the richest guy in the world. His classmates should encourage him to do really good and be with him when he is in aide. Also I would tell the class that if they were in this situation they would feel bad too. So I guess i will encourage him really well and make his classmated do the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment