Wednesday, February 18, 2009

.·´¯`·->A--®ØÐ -__-

I say that Alex Rodriguez (A-Rod) was not at all justified in using steroids whatever his reason was. He, unlike most players in Major League Baseball took the easy out, instead of working hard for his success. Taking steroids was not the right choice because he then had an unfair advantage against the MLB players. 8( As it is a banned substance, he should not have even thought about taking these Performance Enhancing Drugs. (P.E.Ds)

Alex Rodriguez said:
"Back then, it was a different culture. It was very loose. I was young, I was stupid, I was naive and I wanted to prove to everyone that I was worth, you know, being one of the greatest players of all time. And I did take a banned substance. For that, I'm very sorry and deeply regretful".


He says that he was young and foolish for his mistake and should not have taken P.E.Ds because then he was under-rated and wanted to be one of the greatest players in history. But just because he wanted to be great, this was no acception to be successful. In order to be one of the greatest, you have to be fair and prove yourself to be worthy. But he cheated his fans, his team and the rest of the MLB. This may have been a confidence issue, I would guess that he just did not believe in himself and looked down upon himself. The time-span of A-Rod using steroids was 2001-2003, which makes it even more disappointing to know that he won his only two golden gloves in the years 2002 and 2003. :\

And I believe that his impoverished upbringing could have been a factor, this would make Alex lose faith in himself being raised in a different country and being "Not white" as opposed to other people. But as a Dominican-American, it's his duty to do the best he can WITHOUT P.E.Ds and take it step by step on the stairway to The Hall Of Fame. ^_^ So yes, I believe he was not justified to using these steroids or ANY banned substance from the MLB.

No comments:

Post a Comment